Information Collected and Stored Automatically
When you browse through any website, certain information about your visit can be collected. We automatically collect the following types of information about your visit:
- Domain from which you access the Internet;
- IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when surfing the Internet);
- Operating system and information about the device or browser used when visiting the site;
- Date and time of your visit;
- Content you visited or downloaded; and,
- website (such as google.com or bing.com) or referral source (email notice or social media site) that connected you to the website.
When you visit any website, its server may generate a piece of text known as a “cookie” to place on your computer. Placing cookie text allows websites to “remember” visitors’ preferences, surfing patterns and behavior while they are connected. The cookie makes it easier for you to use the dynamic features of webpages.
There are two types of cookies, single session (temporary), and multi-session (persistent). Session cookies last only as long as your Web browser is open. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer for longer periods.
Session Cookies: We use session cookies for technical purposes such as to enable better navigation through our site. These cookies let our server know that you are continuing a visit to our site.
Persistent Cookies: We use persistent cookies to differentiate between new and returning visitors to our site.
Protecting your privacy
- We take precautions to prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of data about you.
- We do not run ads.
- We do not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We do not engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- We do not employ tracking devices for marketing purposes.
- We do not send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- We do not engage in affiliate marketing.
Data we use to provide/improve our services and/or combat fraud/abuse:
- credit card data, which is transmitted to payment processors via a security protocol (e.g. SSL).
- data you provide (e.g. email address, name, address, phone).
- web log data (e.g. pages viewed, access times, IP address, HTTP headers).
- data collected via cookies (e.g. keyword searches and “favorites” lists).
- data about your devices (e.g. screen size, DOM local storage, plugins).
- data from 3rd parties (e.g. phone type, general location derived from IP address).
Data we store:
- We retain data as long as needed for our business purposes and/or as required by law.
- We make good faith efforts to store data securely, but make no guarantees.
- You may access and update certain data about you by logging into your account.
Circumstances in which we may disclose user data:
- to vendors and service providers (e.g. payment processors) working on our behalf.
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of our users or the general public.